If you are experiencing an electrical fault at your Bradford home, you need a reliable and experienced fault-finding electrician who can diagnose and repair your fault swiftly.
Electrical faults come in many guises and can have serious consequences if not dealt with properly. As a homeowner it can be hard to tell just how serious an electrical fault may be. It’s best to call in a qualified fault- finding electrician who can keep you and your home safe. Quality Electrician are your local, experienced fault-finding electrician in Bradford.
Experienced fault-finding electrician in Bradford
It can be hard to tell whether the electrical fault you are experiencing at your Bradford home is a minor niggle or a sign of something more serious. Some electrical faults are hard to ignore – if your lights go out or your sockets stop working most homeowners will call a fault-finding electrician immediately. Other faults, such as flickering lights, are annoying but can be easily dismissed as a minor inconvenience. You might even be tempted to try a DIY repair yourself if you believe the fault to be minor. Unfortunately, electricity is incredibly dangerous and even more so when your electrical system is faulty. You could seriously injure yourself or leave your home at risk of an electrical fire if the issue is not properly addressed. You may also discover you have bitten off more than you can chew if you attempt to diagnose the fault yourself. Often a minor issue will be a symptom of a deeper problem. Those flickering lights could be caused by damaged wiring in your walls, that hot socket may be caused by a loose, arcing connection. It is best to call in an experienced fault-finding electrician who can get to the bottom of the issue. As a qualified and experienced fault-finding electrician in Bradford, Quality Electrician have the skills, tools and knowledge to find and repair your electrical fault and make your home safe.
Common Electrical Issues
There are many electrical faults that you may experience in your Bradford home. The most common faults that will have you calling in your local fault-finding electrician are:
- Fuse Board Tripping - When your fuse board or consumer unit detects a fault in your electrical system it will trip, cutting the power to the circuit. There are occasions when this will happen, and you can just switch the power back on and go about your day. However, if the fuse board keeps tripping regularly, or the power won’t switch back on, you have an electrical fault. This may be an easily fixed problem, an example being an overloaded socket with too many high-powered appliances plugged in via an extension cord, or it may be a larger electrical fault. Before you call your electrician, completely unplug any appliances on the tripping circuit before plugging them in one by one to see if any of them are causing the issue. If that doesn’t solve the problem, call your local electrician fault-finding electrician to carry out further tests.
- Flickering Lights - If your lights are flickering you could have a fault in your wiring. When do they flicker? Is it only when other appliances are switched on? This could indicate the power demands are too high for your electrics. If you suspect the bulb itself is on its last legs, try replacing that first. If the problem persists, you need an expert electrician to find the fault.
- A Burning Smell - Never ignore a burning or acrid smell coming from any part of your electrics - it means extreme heat has occurred and you are at risk of electrical fire. Try to locate the source of the smell and switch off that socket if it safe to do so. Switch off the power to that circuit at your fuse board. Call in your local fault-finding electrician immediately. They will prioritise your call as they understand how dangerous the situation is.
- Problems with Sockets or Switches - If your sockets have stopped working, permanently or intermittently, you probably have a loose connection in your wiring. If you can see evidence of charring or discolouration, if they buzz or feel hot, there is a fault that needs urgent attention as it could cause a fire. A fault-finding electrician will be able determine if the fault is with the outlet alone or in your wiring.
- Damaged or Exposed Wiring - This is a serious electrical fault and should not be ignored. An exposed wire could cause a fatal electric shock and damaged wires are a major fire risk. If any wiring is damaged, contact your electrician immediately to replace the wiring and make things safe.
If you are based in Bradford or the surrounding area, Quality Electrician are your local fault-finding electrician. Our NICEIC registered, reliable and fully qualified fault-finding electricians have the skills and experience to keep your home safe. We will work swiftly and safely to fix your fault. If you need a fault-finding electrician in Bradford, call us today.